Registration is now open for the Winter 2020 session of our After-School WeDo 2.0 Robotics Club.
Educational impact – Hands-on learning engages students at every level, sparks creativity, develops critical thinking skills, ignites career possibilities — and is just plain fun! LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 brings to life 280 building elements that motivate students to collaborate, build, problem-solve, and explore, all while deepening their STEAM learning and developing 21st-century skills.
The (WINTER) six-week club will meet from 3:25-4:30 p.m. on Thursdays (Program Hours) in the Library, beginning January 9 and ending February 13.
The WeDo 2.0 Robotics Club is open to 1st-3rd graders, to start. The club will be limited to a maximum of 15 students. The fee is $15 per student.
This is an after-school activity. Participants will be dismissed promptly at 4:30 p.m. Parents must provide students reliable, on-time transportation.
To register your child:
- Obtain a FULL registration form here
- Complete the registration form and attach a check made payable to Totem Falls Elementary PTO. The fee is $15 per student. This fee is non-refundable after 7 days prior to current session start date.
- Return the form AND your payment to the Totem Falls office or your child’s teacher by Wednesday, December 11th. Late applications will not be accepted.
- If more than 15 registrations are received by the deadline – A) students whose parents are available to volunteer will be provided first priority. B) Thereafter, applicants will be drawn by lottery, priority provided to students who haven’t previously participated in a Robotics session.
- If your child is not selected for current session, checks will be returned via your student (Red Raven Folder).
- You will receive confirmation of your child’s acceptance in to the club by December 20, 2019. Confirmation will be sent via email. Please do not assume that your child has been accepted until you have received a confirmation.
There will be 3 sessions per school calendar year (Fall, Winter, Spring). Students may not participate in more than one session/year unless there is space available. They may apply, but priority will first be provided to students who have yet to be selected. Questions?! Please contact Robotics Director(s), Amy Hubbard or Tami Zevenbergen