Welcome to the Totem Falls Art Docent Program and thank you for volunteering!
What is An Art Docent?
As an Art Docent volunteer, you are an important and integral part of our elementary arts education program. Your core job is to deliver art to the class you have volunteered in, facilitating several student art projects during the year.
- Lead art lessons in the classroom.
- Coordinate lesson dates and times with the teacher. They also coordinate lesson dates and times with other Art Docents in their classroom team, when applicable.
- Prepare for art lessons by reviewing the lesson ahead of time.
- Gather supplies for art lessons from the program supply and copy room.
- Request and coordinate additional classroom volunteers for large or involved projects as needed.
- Clean up after the art project is finished and return supplies as needed to the storage area.
- Communicate with the PTO’s Art Docent coordinator as needed.
Did you Know?
Our old curriculum provided 5-6 lessons per grade level that could be delivered during the year. Some art docent teams supplemented this in order to offer a project as often as once a month between October – May.
Our new curriculum has a wealth of art lessons available for every grade. We will offer a lesson every month October – May as part of the given curriculum. That means that we are formally supporting 2-3 more annual projects than in the old system!